Please use the ASR system so that the appropriate area can respond as quickly as possible.
- Early referral of students who are disengaged in your class is the key to early outreach and intervention.
- Before submitting an ASR, instructors should make every attempt to contact the student via Blackboard messages, myLC email and phone. If you are unable to successfully connect with the student, please submit an ASR. This will allow student services to follow-up with those students and make sure they are on-task.
- Reasons why instructors should submit an ASR:
- Missing Assignments
- Excessive Absences (or no login to Blackboard)
- Low Test Scores
- Technology Issues (i.e., Loaner Laptop)
- Financial Concerns
- Mental Health Concerns
- Instructors can submit more than one ASR for a student
The Advising Team is always available for questions regarding student services issues. Contact them through individual advisor emails or at firstname.lastname@example.org.